Job no: 976159
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Melbourne Head Office - VIC
This role will be responsible for the coordination of all analytical quality assurance and quality control programs throughout Newcrest and will provide advice, assistance and training in QAQC where required. Reporting to the Head of Mineral Resource Management, this role will ensure consistently high quality standard for the collection of samples, monitoring of data quality and documentation of QAQC programs in Exploration and Operations environments.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining currency with QAQC practice, particularly innovative and emerging practices, outside Newcrest;
- Keeping QAQC corporate standards up to date through knowledge of external innovations and developments,
- The provision of training for all relevant team members in the requirements of the corporate QAQC standard.
- The provision of training in QAQC data interpretation to key team members so that each site has a technical employee with QAQC training available at all times
- Establish and agree sample preparation and assay protocols with laboratories.
- Provide expert assistance to site and exploration teams on sampling and QAQC issues.
- Address sampling adequacy, precision and accuracy issues arising from Operations and Exploration programs.
At Newcrest, you'll be part of a diverse team of business professionals committed to our people and the communities in which we operate. We value diversity of thought, style and working arrangements.
Based on St Kilda Road, our Melbourne Head Office is easily accessible by public transport or car, with discounted parking available and onsite gym.
As a successful candidate, you will possess qualifications in Chemistry or Geology, and will bring significant experience within gold and/or base metals. You will have expert knowledge and experience in QAQC processes within the industry and the flexibility to work on a number of projects simultaneously. Excellent verbal and written communication skills will compliment your already refined training and presentation skills. You will have a passion for databases and data management and demonstrated experience in continuous improvement in managing data and databases.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™