We are currently seeking a Project Engineer to work on our revolutionary Non-Manned Underground Mining Project at our Cadia operation near Orange, New South Wales. The goal of this project is to remove mining personnel from major hazards in our underground mine.
Reporting directly to the Project Manager, you will coordinate and execute deliverables on as many as 40 projects, as part of the Non-Manned Underground Mining Project.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Delivering projects through the identification, scoping, design, construction, and commissioning phases;
- Liaising with other project team members to generate ideas and scope projects;
- Providing input into plans and budgets and ensuring delivery against these;
- Studying the feasibility, cost implications, and performance benefits of proposed solutions;
- Working with execution teams to test and implement successful solutions;
- Reporting on project performance; and
- Acting as the interface between Newcrest stakeholders and consultants, to ensure correct and consistent communication is relayed.
This is a permanent position that is based in Orange, New South Wales. The successful applicant will be required to relocate to the local area.
Cadia Valley Operations (CVO) is located in central western New South Wales approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional town of Orange. Employees reside in the varied accommodation options in Orange and the surrounding areas and enjoy access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector, excellent educational facilities, shopping, transport and other services such as child care. Working at CVO offers a unique opportunity for employees and their families to enjoy a mining career while living in a large active, local community.
Our ideal applicant will be a tertiary qualified engineer with solid experience within the mining industry. You will also be well-versed in the intricacies of managing projects and have demonstrated history in delivering within fast paced environments. The ability to problem solve and create innovative solutions will hold you in good stead, as will the ability to manage stakeholders and drive outcomes.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.