We are currently seeking a Technical Specialist for maintenance activities in the oxidisation, autoclave, and pump areas of our fixed processing plant. You will safely oversee mechanical maintenance in these areas to ensure equipment is maintained to meet production and reliability targets.
Reporting to the Superintendent – Shutdown Execution, you will be responsible for:
- Fostering a culture of continuous improvement via encouragement and input towards processes;
- Preparing strategies and action plans, then monitoring performance against said plans;
- Supporting the development and execution of weekly maintenance plans and providing technical assistance to Supervisors, Planners, and maintenance teams;
- Effectively training, developing, and working with plant maintenance Shift Supervisors and work crews, to achieve high standards in safety, availability, and reliability; and
- Coaching and mentoring a diverse national workforce and maintaining a culture focused on safety and maintenance best practices.
This is a permanent position that will work a FIFO (15/13) roster.
Located on Niolam Island in the New Ireland Province of Papua New Guinea, Lihir offers both residential and fly in fly out opportunities (role dependent). Our site offers a range of facilities including a medical clinic, the international primary school for residential families and the Lihir Sports and Social Club with its varied sporting activities and popular bar and bistro.
Our ideal candidate will hold a mechanical trade qualification along with a thorough understanding of best practice fixed plant maintenance techniques. This background will include exposure to either processing, refining, or heavy mining industry environments. Furthermore, familiarity with some of the following will hold you in good stead: Tank agitators and drives, centrifugal and positive displacement pumps, high pressure piping and valving, vessels, autoclaves, and hydraulics. Finally, while not essential, a Certificate IV in Workplace Training & Assessment will be highly regarded.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.