We are currently seeking a Senior Specialist, Capability and Culture to join our team based in Melbourne on a 7 month fixed term contract. Reporting to the Head of Capability & Culture, this role will lead the efforts for improving the effectiveness of the activities related to the performance and development cycle, including the design of a multi-year improvement plan, collaborating with the leadership capability team to design coaching content, and partnering with sites to implement solutions. This role is also responsible for designing and overseeing the communications campaign for creating a broader awareness of the Newcrest Values and organisational health practices.
This work will impact all 1,400 people leaders across five operating sites and the corporate office and will necessitate collaboration with HR Business Partners and Managers, and our Talent and Remuneration teams. In addition, this role requires a close connection with our efforts to develop leaders who are inclusive, inspirational, values-driven, action-oriented, and focused on performance improvement.
This role will be pivotal in our goal to create a leadership culture where people leaders see developing people as an honour and something they should make meaningful for their teams.
Your core responsibilities will include:
• Collaboratively designing a multi-year plan that articulates more sophisticated methods of incorporating and measuring the impact of the performance and development cycle, including the incorporation of the Newcrest values and management practices.
• Leading change management and communications efforts to ensure broad organisational awareness of initiatives relevant to the performance and development improvement program.
• End to end project management, including the establishment of metrics and reporting to gage year on year improvements.
• Supporting people leaders and the HR community with guidance on key messaging, and to ensure organisational wide buy in and return on investment from program is achieved.
• Partnering with Remuneration and Talent Management to ensure seamless integration of any process changes across the performance and talent development cycle; including consistency in the approach to talent development across the organisation and in the application of the Values & Practices.
• Assisting in the creation of leadership development content and experiences (coaching, mentoring, cohort groups) that will help to establish a culture of leaders-helping-other-leaders at Newcrest.
Potential additional responsibilities:
• Assisting in assessing results from the annual Organisational Health survey to help guide leader development. Potentially assist in the annual coordination of the survey, including report production and communication and supporting sites in developing plans to address areas of need.
• Overseeing the phase two delivery of a 5 day learning program for HR Professionals.
• Assisting in broader organisational effectiveness programs, diagnosing, designing and proposing solutions as required.
At Newcrest, you'll be part of a diverse team of business professionals committed to our people and the communities in which we operate. We value diversity of thought, style and working arrangements.
Based on St Kilda Road, our Melbourne Head Office is easily accessible by public transport or car, with discounted parking available.
You will have extensive experience designing and deploying performance management programs within complex, multi-site organisations. You will have a demonstrated understanding of what it takes to change a company’s culture and a broad familiarity and experience with talent management tools. You will also be able to work collaboratively and be able to thrive in a multi-stakeholder environment.
Ideally you will have worked in a similar heavy industry but this is not essential. You will be self-driven with the ability to juggle multiple programs, and prioritise effectively in a fast paced, demanding and delivery focussed environment. You will have excellent communication skills – both verbal and written, and will be a team player who sees the collective success of the organisation and our broader leadership efforts as the over-riding outcome.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.