We are seeking a Mine Planning Engineer to work from our Perth office and support all aspects of medium-term mine planning for our Telfer Underground Mine in Western Australia.
Reporting to the Specialist Mine Planning, your responsibilities will include:
- Generating mine plans that optimise life of mine value based on key strategic objectives, while highlighting opportunities, risks, critical path activities and key milestones;
- Producing Ore Reserve data based on the best available information;
- Updating the rolling forecast on a quarterly basis, considering updated face positions and any relevant changes to input assumptions;
- Defining new or alternative mining opportunities within the Telfer Province, considering new resource information, technologies and techniques; and
- Developing the technical capabilities of site based engineers through training and mentoring.
This is a permanent position based at our Perth office in West Leederville.
At Newcrest, you'll be part of a diverse team of business professionals committed to our people and the communities in which we operate. We value diversity of thought, style and working arrangements. Based on Centro Avenue, Subiaco our Perth office is easily accessible by public transport or car with discounted parking available onsite. The office is walking or riding distance to amenities and services in central Perth CBD or Subiaco.
Our ideal candidate will be a tertiary qualified Mining Engineer with experience gained within underground environments. Expertise with medium-term planning will stand you in good stead, as will skills with scheduling and mine design. Furthermore, proficiency with mining software (e.g. Deswik, Studio 5DP, MineRP) is required, while exposure to multiple mining methods (e.g. narrow vein, open stoping, sub-level caving, caving) will be viewed favourably.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.