Project Lead - Mine Technology Delivery
Job no: 976314
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Lihir Operations - Lihir Island - PNG
We are currently seeking a Project Lead to manage the implementation of mine technology changes at our Lihir mine in Papua New Guinea, in order to overcome challenges and set the mine up for successful life of mine production.
Reporting directly to the Superintendent - Fleet Maintenance Planning, Reliability & Projects, your duties may include:
- Managing a team of professional, support, and technician staff to ensure appropriate mine technology is selected and implemented safely at the Lihir mine;
- Overseeing the design, development, and implementation of short, medium, and long-term technology projects to ensure timelines and guidelines are met;
- Making sure systems are in place to identify technology risks / gaps to develop and implement appropriate risk managed solutions;
- Ensuring maintenance and training processes are established and embedded for the use technology systems / tools; and
- Actively contributing to team capability assessments, development, and succession planning.
This is a two year fixed-term contract position based at our Lihir mine and will work on a 15/13 FIFO roster.
Located on Niolam Island in the New Ireland Province of Papua New Guinea, Lihir offers both residential and fly in fly out opportunities (role dependent). Our site offers a range of facilities including a medical clinic, the international primary school for residential families and the Lihir Sports and Social Club with its varied sporting activities and popular bar and bistro.
Our ideal candidate will have strong experience with project management and the delivery of technology initiatives within the Mining sector. This background will also include familiarity with working in remote locations, as well as exposure to maintenance. Furthermore, first-class interfacing skills and experience with managing contractors / consultants is also required. Finally, proficiency with project management software (MS Project, Primavera etc.) will complete the package.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world's largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d'Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We're committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you're looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It's an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Applications close: West Pacific Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™