Technical Specialist - Reliability
Job no: 976619
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Lihir Operations - Lihir Island - PNG
Reporting to the Coordinator - Reliability, the purpose of this role is to provide practical expertise in the application of reliability engineering principles and methodologies in order to promote cost effective maintenance practices and predictable equipment performance and availability across a predominantly Caterpillar fleet .
Key responsibilities include,
- Ensuring data integrity and accuracy to support high quality analysis and communication reports
- Defect identification and elimination across mobile fleets
- Leading Root Cause Investigations and applying learned knowledge to tactics and strategies
- Engaging maintenance and operations staff in reliability improvement processes across Mobile fleet such as CAT 785D haul trucks and various CAT Auxiliary equipment.
- Development and periodical review of maintenance strategies to ensure compliance with current best practice and Identification of strategy improvement opportunities
- Proactively identify and lead innovative continuous improvement projects
This is a FIFO role at Lihir Island, PNG with a 15/13 roster.
Located on Niolam Island in the New Ireland Province of Papua New Guinea, Lihir offers both residential and fly in fly out opportunities (role dependent). Our site offers a range of facilities including a medical clinic, the international primary school for residential families and the Lihir Sports and Social Club with its varied sporting activities and popular bar and bistro.
To succeed in this role, our ideal candidate will have a mechanical trade qualification with dealership experience and have obtained at least 5 years’ experience in a similar technical role associated with CAT mechanical drive haul trucks and auxiliary equipment. You will possess strong analytical and problem solving skills and experience with Applied Failure Analysis or similar RCA processes would be advantages. You will have a strong knowledge base in MS Office and experience in SAP is desirable. You will have excellent communication and influencing skills and the ability to coach and mentor a national workforce.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies. Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk to us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Applications close: West Pacific Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™