Senior Mining Engineer
Job no: 976624
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Melbourne Head Office - VIC
We are seeking a Senior Mining Engineer - Planning to provide underground mine strategic planning support across the Newcrest Group.
This position forms part of a dynamic mine planning and geotechnical engineering team. Reporting directly to the Principal Planning Engineer – Underground your duties will include:
- Working with the Mine Design team to develop integrated mine design and production plans that deliver practical and optimised cash flow for underground operations and projects;
- Identifying and communicating production constraints and opportunities to unlock asset value;
- Ensuring material risks to plan delivery are identified and managed;
- Identifying new / alternative mining opportunities and assessing them for inclusion in future studies and plans;
- Ensuring that planning studies and capital projects are appropriately scoped, resourced, and progressed; and
- Developing the technical capabilities of site based engineers through training and mentoring.
This is a permanent position located at our corporate headquarters in Melbourne.
At Newcrest, you'll be part of a diverse team of business professionals committed to our people and the communities in which we operate. We value diversity of thought, style and working arrangements. Based on St Kilda Road, our Melbourne Head Office is easily accessible by public transport or car, with discounted parking available.
Our ideal candidate will be a degree qualified Mining Engineer with experience in both operational engineering and planning roles.
Other attributes include:
- Solid underground mining experience;
- Short and medium-term planning expertise;
- Exposure to mine design, ventilation, and drill & blast; and
- While not essential, experience with caving will be highly regarded.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Stock Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™.
With world-class opportunities across many diverse locations, Newcrest offers the opportunity to apply your skills and expertise in the global mining community, and to gain broad experience on a variety of projects locally or across a range of geographies.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™