Drill & Blast Engineer
Job no: 976736
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Telfer Operation - WA
We are seeking a Drill & Blast Engineer to help achieve target production at our Telfer Open Pit mine. Reporting to the Technical Services Superintendent – Open Pit, your duties will include:
- Deliver Open Pit drill and blast design functions to allow contract surface mining operations to mine safe and efficiently.
- Manage the explosives stocks and ordering to ensure adequate supplies are available to meet plan.
- Ensure drill and blast designs, tie-ins and approvals are completed before schedule requirement. Maintain QAQC in regards to the implementation of the drill and blast plans.
- Monitor blasting and operational performance and implement changes to improve performance of leading and lagging indicators.
- Implement and maintain procedures, processes and databases for all drill and blast engineering functions (drill and blast, cost and reporting).
- Assist mine scheduling and design functions to support safe, cost effective open pit production.
- Assist in establishment and continued compliance to standards for safe mine development and production.
- Assist in project management and commercial justification and contribute to business improvements that drive production improvements and cost efficiencies within the open pit.
- Consistently comply with Telfer safety managements systems, environmental requirements, internal team safety requirements and other relevant targets.
This is a two year fixed term position that will work on an 8/6 roster. Point of Hire is Perth.
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in out fly out operation from Perth which recognises the importance of work-life balance. Our comfortable, well furnished rooms include Foxtel and DVD players, and our site offers quality food with healthy options, medical care, sporting and recreation activities. Families are welcomed several times a year to open days.
Our ideal candidate will be a tertiary qualified Mining Engineer with at least 5 years’ professional experience. This will include exposure to hard rock open pit mining, as well as extensive knowledge of drill and blast. Excellent communication skills will be critical to the success of this role, and some contractor management experience will be advantageous. Proficiency in Vulcan and BlastLogic is essential.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™