Facilitator - Front End Shutdowns
Job no: 976740
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Lihir Operations - Lihir Island - PNG
The purpose of the Shutdown Facilitator is to ensure the Shutdown process flow seamlessly for the Fixed Plant Maintenance by ensuring all resources, materials, spares and equipment are identified, sourced, kitted and staged prior to the outage execution. Reporting to the Superintendent –Front End Mechanical, this role acts as the interface between the two teams.
The main responsibilities are:
- Assist the shutdown planning department by reviewing work order scopes to ensure correct resources and spares have been incorporated.
- Attend risk assessment meetings and provide input into the risk assessment process.
- Mentor Material Controllers and other shutdown personnel in the correct shutdown processes.
- Ensure all pre shut activities are completed prior to commencement of outage. Including the staging of parts. Provide support to the shutdown execution coordinator and stand-in if required
- Continuously liaise with the Shutdown execution Coordinators during the execution phase to ensure all resources, equipment and materials are available and being utilised to their full potential.
- Ensure all spares, including rotatable items are returned to the SK&S area to be either re-kitted for future shuts, credited back to the warehouse or tagged and delivered to the appropriate repair authority.
Located on Niolam Island in the New Ireland Province of Papua New Guinea, Lihir offers both residential and fly in fly out opportunities (role dependent). Our site offers a range of facilities including a medical clinic, the international primary school for residential families and the Lihir Sports and Social Club with its varied sporting activities and popular bar and bistro.
To succeed in this role, our ideal candidate will hold a Mechanical trade’s certificate. The candidate should have between 5 to 10 years’ proven experience in Shutdown Planning or Management. You will be well versed in SAP, MS Projects and MS Office. Additionally you will have excellent organisation, communication and influencing skills and the ability to coach and mentor a national workforce.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Applications close: West Pacific Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™