Job no: 976935
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Telfer Operation - WA
We currently have an opportunity for an enthusiastic person with experience in mining or a heavy industrial environment to join our team at Telfer in a dual role – as Tool Storeperson and supporting the technical team as Trades Assistant. This role is a fixed term contract for a period of 2 years.
This role will suit someone with a strong work ethic, a ‘can do’ attitude, and a proactive approach to continuously improving maintenance activities. A self-motivated individual you will be comfortable working without direct supervision.
Working FIFO from Perth on an 8/6 day roster and reporting to the Mechanical Supervisor, you will:
• Be responsible for the dispatch and receipt of all tooling and goods
• Stock control, which involves a cycle count and a computer based stock adjustment.
• Provide assistance to technicians as they perform onsite service and repair work on equipment.
• Assist with confined space and working at height requirements
• Cleaning and stripping equipment for quotation.
• Maintain the workshop in an environmentally safe and organised manner and ensures all equipment and tools are maintained and used to standards required
• Efficiently and reliability carry out and complete scheduled maintenance tasks in a timely manner to a high standard.
• Demonstrating a strong commitment to safety in order to achieve a workplace target of zero injuries and incidents
What you will need for this role:
• A manual C class drivers licence, Forklift (LF) and Elevated Work Platform (EWP) tickets,
• HR Licence,
• Nationally Accredited Confined Space and Working at Heights
• Ideally will have knowledge of SAP
• Ideally 3-5 years experience in a Trade Assistant or Storeperson role
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in fly out operation from Perth which recognises the importance of work-life balance. Our comfortable, well furnished rooms include Foxtel and DVD players, and our site offers quality food with healthy options, medical care, sporting, and recreation activities. Families are welcomed several times a year to open days.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™