Superintendent - Risk
Job no: 976948
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Cadia Valley Operations - Orange NSW
This is an exciting career opportunity for a risk management professional with a strong operational background in mining, minerals processing or other heavy industry to work for one of the world’s largest goldmining companies. As the Superintendent Risk you will join our Engineering and Projects team based at Cadia during an exciting period of change. Reporting to the Manager Engineering and Projects, you will be accountable for providing risk management support services to the operating site. This will include ensuring a robust governance process, including accurate and transparent reporting to site leadership team.
You will be responsible for:
System and process management
- Develop and maintain relevant tools and documents related to the management of risks on site (procedures, templates, sheets etc).
- Maintain and manage the site risk registers, including the site master and material risk registers.
- Co-ordinate periodic review of the site risk profile and risk registers.
- Participate as a member of the Group Risk Management Lead Team.
- Implement training and coaching on risk systems and processes.
- Promote disciplined risk management practices across the site.
- Facilitate embedment and adherence to the Newcrest Risk Management policy and standards.
Risk management advice and support
- Provide guidance and support to the Department Heads and Risk Owners in relation to the management of material risks, including coaching material risk owners and workshop facilitation.
- Compile and deliver reports to Management on risk profile, risk metrics and action status.
- Carry out audits of key components of the material risk management process and framework as required.
- Advise on appropriate risk management tools for site risk assessments.
- Review and advise on the risk management component of capital projects, studies and co-ordinate risk management input into business planning.
Cadia Valley Operations is located in central western New South Wales approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional town of Orange. Employees reside in the varied accommodation options in Orange and the surrounding areas and enjoy access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector, excellent educational facilities, shopping, transport and other services such as child care. Working at Cadia offers a unique opportunity for employees and their families to enjoy a mining career while living in a large active, local community.
With a strong operational background, to Superintendent level, in engineering, mine planning, processing or maintenance, you will have an intuitive understanding the risk factors that can impact safe production. As a result, you will have gravitated toward risk management in the performance of your roles. This includes a passion for safety, developing your team and providing advice to peers and site leaders alike on how best to manage material risk. This will include experience applying a broad range of structured risk assessment techniques and tools.
With relevant tertiary qualifications in Risk, Finance, Engineering or related discipline you will work with key stakeholders to develop, implement and plan effective processes and systems to manage risk at a site level. You will be respected by your peers for your, judgement, attention to detail, collaborative approach to problem solving and ability to effectively prioritise competing demands.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™