Back to search results Apply now
Job no: 977039
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Lihir Operations - Lihir Island - PNG
We are seeking a Commercial Manager to join the site leadership team at our Lihir mine, and to help establish a strategic plan that delivers sustainable and profitable growth across the near term and Life of Mine.
Reporting directly to the General Manager – Lihir Island your responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the development and implementation of group systems, policies, and procedures;
- Driving improved business performance via the analysis of historical data, as well as the development of forecasting tools;
- Overseeing the preparation of the Lihir 5 Year Plan, Annual budget, and quarterly estimates;
- Implementing best practice contractor management systems and practices;
- Managing all inbound and outbound logistics on Lihir, including warehousing;
- Maintaining relationships / partnerships with outsourced service providers;
- Championing the active management of cost and cost optimisation across the Lihir operation; and
- Actively participating in Lihir safety, environmental, and business improvement initiatives.
This is a permanent position that is residentially based on Lihir Island in Papua New Guinea.
Located on Niolam Island in the New Ireland Province of Papua New Guinea. Our site offers a range of facilities including a medical clinic, the international primary school for residential families and the Lihir Sports and Social Club with its varied sporting activities and popular bar and bistro.
Our ideal candidate will be a degree qualified Commercial Manager with strong experience within the resources sector. They will possess a broad range of experience, including an understanding of the challenges facing remote operations, and expertise in cost reduction.
Other requirements include:
- Diverse experience working across a variety of medium to large sized mines and / or processing plants;
- Familiarity with international operations and working with people from different cultures;
- The ability to work at the strategic level, but also willing to get into the detail as required; and
- Experience with either:
- Business improvement; and / or
- The design and implementation of commercial systems and processes.
- A proven track record developing and capability within teams.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™.
We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: West Pacific Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™