Senior Metallurgist - Planning
Job no: 977058
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Lihir Operations - Lihir Island - PNG
We are seeking a Senior Metallurgist to develop, refine, and manage the Metallurgical Accounting (MA) and Metallurgical Plant Production Forecasting systems at our Lihir mine in Papua New Guinea. This person will manage a small team of national Metallurgists / Metal Accountants to ensure precise and accurate data collection and input.
Reporting directly to the Superintendent – Metallurgy your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that MA and Metallurgical Plant Production Forecasting systems conform with Newcrest standards and requirements;
- Developing and maintaining MA procedures to ensure transparency of the system;
- Working closely with teams across site to ensure timely, precise, and accurate data for input into the MA system;
- Creating weekly, monthly, and long-term (5 yearly) production forecasts as required by site and corporate planning requirements;
- Producing the yearly physical budget for Lihir Operations; and
- Developing presentations and relaying information across all levels, from the General Manager down to operations.
This is a permanent position that will work a FIFO (15/13) roster at our Lihir mine in Papua New Guinea.
Located on Niolam Island in the New Ireland Province of Papua New Guinea, Lihir offers a range of facilities including a medical clinic, the international primary school for residential families and the Lihir Sports and Social Club with its varied sporting activities and popular bar and bistro.
Our ideal candidate will have strong experience in metal accounting and production forecasting within the Mining industry.
Other requirements include:
- Ideally a tertiary degree in Metallurgical Engineering, however, this isn’t essential as metal accounting and production forecasting experience is key;
- Proven ability to manage a small team;
- Strong analytical capability and a high level of attention to detail; and
- First class engagement skills with the ability to work closely with other teams.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, and Indonesia and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Applications close: West Pacific Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™