Senior Electrical Engineer (Telfer)
Job no: 977151
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Telfer Operation - WA
Senior Electrical Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our site electrical engineering team at our Telfer mine in Western Australia. Telfer is a self-generating open cut and underground gold mine and processing plant with an electrical load of approximately 100MW.
The team has overarching responsibility for electrical engineering governance and asset management across the operation, supporting Maintenance and other departments with electrical engineering leadership and support.
Reporting directly to the Principal Electrical Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrating safety leadership and actively supporting safety initiatives onsite
- Ensuring the performance of site-wide electrical assets through the delivery of robust, cost effective engineering solutions, compliant with site and Australian Standards
- Investigation and resolution of complex technical issues
- Actively engaging with the maintenance and operations teams, including breakdown support
- Delivery of scopes of work for major and/or complex maintenance tasks
- Providing technical support and guidance across multiple levels of the business.
This is a permanent position that will work on a FIFO (8/6) roster. Point of Hire is Perth.
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in out fly out operation from Perth which recognises the importance of work-life balance. Our comfortable, well furnished rooms include Foxtel and DVD players, and our site offers quality food with healthy options, medical care, sporting and recreation activities. Families are welcomed several times a year to open days.
You will be a tertiary qualified with a Bachelor of Engineering – Electrical (or recognised equivalent) with extensive electrical engineering experience within Mining or heavy industry. You will have a tenacious and results driven attitude and a demonstrated ability to communicate both written and verbal with all levels of management and staff.
Other requirements include site-based experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Process plants (e.g. gold/copper, alumina, oil and gas)
- Power generation, (preferably gas turbine and reciprocating diesel)
- High Voltage distribution – Power utility or industrial site
- Underground mining, (preferably including winders)
- Crushing and associated mine materials handling
Professional registration (CPEng, RPEng or RPEQ) will be an advantage.
You must be able to work in elevated locations and also restricted locations such as underground, and you must have a license to drive a manual vehicle.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™