Senior Mining Engineer
Job no: 977158
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Melbourne Head Office - VIC
We are seeking a Senior Mining Engineer to provide strategic planning support to underground operations across the Newcrest Group. This person will gain exposure to world leading caving operations and projects.
Reporting directly to the Principal Mining Engineer your duties will include:
- Developing integrated mine design and production plans for underground operations and projects across the Newcrest group;
- Identifying production constraints and opportunities to unlock asset value;
- Ensuring material risks to the delivery of mine plans are identified and managed;
- Assessing new / alternative mining prospects for inclusion in future studies and plans;
- Ensuring that planning studies and capital projects are appropriately scoped, resourced, and progressed; and
- Developing the technical capabilities of site based engineers through training and mentoring.
This is a permanent position located at our corporate headquarters in Melbourne.
At Newcrest, you'll be part of a diverse team of business professionals committed to our people and the communities in which we operate. We value diversity of thought, style, and working arrangements. Based on St Kilda Road, our Melbourne Head Office is easily accessible by public transport or car, with discounted parking available.
Our ideal candidate will be a degree qualified Mining Engineer with solid experience in large underground mining operations.
Other requirements include:
- Strong experience with mine design and scheduling (proficiency with the Deswik suite preferred);
- Ability to use data to inform decisions and drive improvement;
- Familiarity with block caving (preferred) or sub-level caving; and
- Experience with feasibility studies.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Stock Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™.
With world-class opportunities across many diverse locations, Newcrest offers the opportunity to apply your skills and expertise in the global mining community, and to gain broad experience on a variety of projects locally or across a range of geographies.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™