Back to search results Apply now
Mining Superintendent - Underground
Job no: 977525
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Telfer Operation - WA
We are seeking a Mining Superintendent for our Telfer underground mine, to bring all round technical and operational capability in mining engineering, contract management, and leadership to sustain a safe and productive work environment. This person will also act as the ticketed Underground Manager or Alternate.
Reporting directly to the Manager - Underground Mining your responsibilities will include:
- Managing all underground operational aspects and providing input into strategic planning and direction reviews;
- Overseeing various operational and technical teams, including but not limited to: Mine Operations, Mining Engineering, Mine Control, Survey, and Ventilation;
- Reviewing and updating procedures and management plans as required to achieve best practice performance, safety, and risk management;
- Driving continuous improvement in safety performance and culture, while ensuring critical controls and safety actions are completed;
- Contract management including QA/QC, compliance reporting, and the daily management of our underground contractor; and
- Managing projects as required to ensure the objectives of our underground operations are met.
This is a permanent position that will work on a FIFO (8/6) roster. Point of hire is Perth.
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in out fly out operation from Perth which recognises the importance of work-life balance. Our comfortable, well furnished rooms include Foxtel and DVD players, and our site offers quality food with healthy options, medical care, sporting and recreation activities. Families are welcomed several times a year to open days.
Our ideal candidate will have operated at a similar level previously, and will have a strong background within underground hard rock operational environments, including experience leading and developing teams.
Other requirements include:
- A Western Australian First-Class Mine Manager’s ticket (essential);
- Exposure to contracts management;
- A strong understanding of budgeting and costs;
- Experience with mine planning and scheduling; and
- An impeccable and proactive approach to safety.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™