UG Electrical Technicians - Maintenance - Attractive Roster
Job no: 977555(RPO)
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Cadia Valley Operations - Orange NSW
We are currently seeking experienced Electrical Technicians to join our team based at Cadia Valley during an exciting period of transformation. Reporting to the Superintendent – Electrical Maintenance, you will be accountable for maintaining all areas of the critical control framework to ensure the assets within the Cadia East Underground Mine, Ridgeway Underground Mine and ancillary infrastructure are maintained to allow the mine to achieve or exceed safety and production targets.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Underground Incline conveying system
- Underground crushing circuits, feeders and belts
- Underground mine primary and secondary ventilation.
- Underground primary and secondary pumping systems
- Underground mine air compressors
- Underground communications primarily tagging system and phones
- Underground High voltage reticulation 11kV and 33kV
- Underground 1000V machines and support infrastructure
- Site Utilities such as offices, crib rooms and change houses.
The current roster for this role 7 days on 7 off/ 7 nights on 7 nights off.
Cadia Valley Operations (CVO) is located in central western New South Wales approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional town of Orange. Employee’s reside in the varied accommodation options in Orange and the surrounding areas and enjoy access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector, excellent educational facilities, shopping, transport and other services such as child care. Working at CVO offers a unique opportunity for employees and their families to enjoy a mining career while living in a large active, local community.
- NSW Electrical Supervisor Certificate
- Medium level computer skills
- Motivated and Organised
- Able to work in a Team environment.
- Behaviour consistent with Newcrest values
- Excellent communication skills
- Mining experience
- Ability to work under pressure
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™