Back to search results Apply now
Senior Engineer - Mining Improvement Projects
Job no: 977635
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Cadia Valley Operations - Orange NSW
We are seeking a Senior Engineer - Mining Improvement Projects to drive efficiency gains in safety, production, cost, and risk by supporting mining improvement projects at our Cadia mine. Key to this role is the ability to drive discipline leadership in the operational aspects of our development project.
Reporting directly to the Superintendent – Improvement, your responsibilities may include:
- Working with senior stakeholders to identify, track, and manage improvements, as well as to embed changes into standard operating practices;
- Creating internal and external benchmarking for mining performance, and continuously reviewing them for improvement opportunities;
- Developing mining operational Standards, Common Procedures, and Work Quality Requirements for projects;
- Supporting the evaluation and implementation of Operational Technology (OT) to add value to projects;
- Providing project support to meet and exceed budget forecasts in safety, production, and cost; and
- Reporting on mining key performance indicators to assist in tactical and strategic decision making.
This is a permanent position that is based in Orange, New South Wales. The successful applicant will be required to relocate to the local area.
Our Cadia Valley Operations are located in central western New South Wales approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional town of Orange. Employees reside in the varied accommodation options in Orange and the surrounding areas and enjoy access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector, excellent educational facilities, shopping, transport and other services such as child care. Working at Cadia offers a unique opportunity for employees and their families to enjoy a mining career while living in a large active, local community.
Our ideal candidate will have extensive experience within the Mining industry, including strong exposure to improvement projects. This background will be supplemented by a tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering or a related field.
Other requirements include:
- Leadership experience, including safety management; and
- While not essential, exposure to block caving will be highly regarded.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™