Back to search results Apply now
Mining Engineers (Development & Improvement) - Cadia Mine NSW - Newly Created Roles
Job no: 977638(RPO)
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Cadia Valley Operations - Orange NSW
An exciting opportunity has arisen for two Improvement Engineers to join the Underground Development Team at Newcrest's Cadia Valley Operation in Orange, NSW.
Reporting to the Senior Engineer (Development Improvement) your role will be to support the operational aspects of the development projects across the site. This will play a critical part in overseeing mining improvement projects to drive efficiency, improvements in safety, production, cost and risk reduction. You will work with Operators, Engineers, Supervisors and Superintendents to identify, track and manage improvements and embed changes in operating practices, as well as work with the contractor team to execute any outcomes.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Support completing the development works of the panel cave within time frames and budget.
- Identifying, evaluating and addressing risks impacting on the project.
- Using best practice methodology defining necessary capital proposals.
- Developing and delivering an annual business plan that supports the diverse portfolio of tasks.
- Establishing a business improvement culture with a key focus on metrics and cost efficiencies.
This current roster for this role will be 8 days on, 6 days off (7am – 7pm) and be residential.
Cadia Valley Operations (Cadia) is located in central western New South Wales approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional town of Orange. Employee’s reside in the varied accommodation options in Orange and the surrounding areas and enjoy access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector, excellent educational facilities, shopping, transport and other services such as child care. Working at CVO offers a unique opportunity for employees and their families to enjoy a mining career while living in a large active, local community.
To succeed in this role, you will be safety focused, enjoy continuous improvement and have a proactive approach to problem solving.
Coupled with your team focused mentality, you will also have previous experience or qualifications in the following :
- A degree in Engineering (Mining) or equivalent study.
- Experience in the mining environment, with exposure to underground operations, development experience is strongly desired.
- Prior block caving experience is highly sought after to adapt quickly to this evolving role.
- Ability to develop rapport and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency in MS Project/ MS Excel and ability to navigate engineering/design systems.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world's largest gold mining companies. Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d'Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We're committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you're looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It's an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™