Back to search results Apply now
Job no: 977836(RPO)
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Telfer Operation - WA
We are currently seeking an experienced Geotechnical Engineer to join our high performing team based at Telfer during an exciting period of transformation. Reporting to the Senior Geotechnical Engineer you will be accountable for slope design compliance, slope hazard and instability management and monitoring of our slopes within our open pit environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide operational geotechnical support to mining operations.
- Ensure personnel safety from geotechnical hazards in the open pit.
- Implement and update procedures, processes and databases for all geotechnical functions including ground support and monitoring.
- Update of geological and geotechnical interpretations for geotechnical and drill and blast functions.
- Assist in identifying any impacts of the SLC cave on the open pit operations, current and future.
- Geotechnical observation, assessment and modelling of structural data and rock mass conditions for ground stability and mining sequence.
- Provide input into mine planning and design to ensure mine stability.
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in out fly out operation from Perth which recognises the importance of work-life balance. Our comfortable, well furnished rooms include Foxtel and DVD players, and our site offers quality food with healthy options, medical care, sporting and recreation activities. Families are welcomed several times a year to open days.
Adopting a best practice approach to design and safety, you will be a degree qualified engineer with experience within the mining sector, or previous expertise in an engineering consultancy, focusing on geotechnical projects. Precious metal or hard rock mining experience in open pit environments, will also be looked upon favourably. Your excellent communication skills, both written and verbal will allow you to present complex/technical concepts and reports to colleagues. Teamwork will also be paramount to this role in order to deliver collaborative and innovative design solutions.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™