Back to search results Apply now
Advisor – Injury Management
Job no: 977866(RPO)
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Telfer Operation - WA
We are currently seeking an experienced Injury Management Advisor to join our People Safety & Training team based at Telfer during an exciting period of transformation. Reporting to the Superintendent Health & Emergency Services, you will be accountable for assisting and facilitating occupational assessments, injury and fatigue management and delivery and preparation of return to work plans.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Review of injury and incident reports and assistance with the classification of employee’s injuries
- Development and preparation of return to work plans and attendance of case and claim reviews
- Liaising with medical on-site staff and developing and implementing health and safety programs to reduce workplace injuries
- Monitoring and reporting of workers’ compensation claims and return to work outcomes
This is a permanent FIFO role from Perth with the current roster 4 days on/3 days off.
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in out fly out operation from Perth which recognises the importance of work-life balance. Our comfortable, well furnished rooms include Foxtel and DVD players, and our site offers quality food with healthy options, medical care, sporting and recreation activities. Families are welcomed several times a year to open days.
To be successful in this role, you ideally will possess experience in a similar role with a background in Occupational Health& Safety in a mining or heavy industrial environment, strong understanding of Workers Compensation and injury management principles.
Other requirements include:
- Tertiary qualification in Therapy, Physiotherapy, Nursing or Exercise Physiology
- WA Unrestricted C Class Drivers license
- Agility, resilience and ability to work effectively with various stakeholders
- Excellent planning and organization capabilities
- Understanding of WA mine safety legislation
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™