Back to search results Apply now
HSE Assurance Advisor
Job no: 977891(RPO)
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Cadia Valley Operations - Orange NSW
We are currently seeking a HSE Assurance Advisor to join our Health, Safety, Environment and Social Responsibility (HSESR) team based at our Cadia Operations. Whilst reporting to the Assurance Superintendent, your key responsibilities will include:
- Working with and establishing effective relationships with key operational stakeholders to assist with specific audit and evaluation for the HSESR Management systems,
- Analysing data, identifying trends and writing reports on the effectiveness of governance, risk management and controls for audit activities undertaken,
- Facilitate the implementation of assurance programs such as Critical Control Management, Environmental Audits and Safety Management System Audits
- Deliver training and coaching on the assurance systems and processes
- Undertaking the administration and system evaluation tasks associated with Critical Control Management on site.
The roster for this position is 5 Days On and 2 Days Off.
Cadia Valley Operations (CVO) is located in central western New South Wales approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional town of Orange. Employee’s reside in the varied accommodation options in Orange and the surrounding areas and enjoy access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector, excellent educational facilities, shopping, transport and other services such as child care. Working at CVO offers a unique opportunity for employees and their families to enjoy a mining career while living in a large active, local community.
To succeed in this role, you will be safety focused, team oriented and enjoy continuous improvement. You will also demonstrate the ability to work autonomously, whilst being able to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders. You will have experience in, operational governance, compliance or risk management, in the HSE sector, and are looking to develop into a more specialist internal audit role. You will demonstrate excellent analytical and report writing skills, with the ability to think conceptually. You will have a basic understanding of and the ability to interpret any relevant legislation, coupled with strong communication skills. Any experience in internal audit or qualifications in governance, risk or compliance will be held in high regard.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™