Back to search results Apply now
Superintendent - Geotechnical Engineering
Job no: 977893
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Telfer Operation - WA
We are seeking a Geotechnical Superintendent to lead our underground geotechnical team in sustaining a safe and productive work environment at our Telfer underground mine in Western Australia.
Reporting directly to the Manager – Underground Mining, your duties will include:
• Making sure appropriate geotechnical processes and controls are in place to enable safe mining operations;
• Inspecting underground geotechnical conditions to identify risks, implement mitigating strategies, and monitor results;
• Ensuring fit for purpose geotechnical engineering and ground support practices are in place, maintained, adhered to, and validated across the operation;
• Supervising and mentoring team members, while identifying training needs to build competencies; and
• Ensuring occupational health and safety issues are considered in all aspects of the work performed by the team.
This is a permanent position that will work on an 8/6/4/3 FIFO roster. Point of Hire is Perth.
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in out fly out operation from Perth which recognises the importance of work-life balance. Our comfortable, well furnished rooms include Foxtel and DVD players, and our site offers quality food with healthy options, sporting and recreation activities. Families are welcomed several times a year to open days.
Our ideal applicant will have a tertiary qualification (graduate or post-graduate) in geotechnical engineering, with significant experience at Superintendent/Senior Geotechnical Engineer level. You will have expertise in underground hard rock metalliferous mining, and exposure to caving operations will be viewed favourably. Experience with seismicity and other geotechnical hazards is required as well as experience working in a contract mining environment. Finally, a demonstrated background in safety leadership and building and developing high functioning teams will ensure your success in this role.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™