Back to search results Apply now
Mechanical Technician - Modular Shutdown
Job no: 977963(RPO)
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Cadia Valley Operations - Orange NSW
We are currently seeking an experienced Trades Technician – Modular Shutdown Maintenance (Surface) to join our Shutdown team based at Cadia during an exciting period of transformation. Reporting to the Mechanical Shutdown Specialist, you will be working closely with the operational teams through maintenance activities as well as providing supervision, technical assistance, coaching and mentoring to contract maintenance crews.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that all tasks are executed safely applying New Safe CCM and the teams behavior’s
- Ensuring that the maintenance activities carried out within site outages are executed within the scheduled time allocation and meet compliance in a safe manner
- Assisting Contractors and Operational teams to deliver quality workmanship maintain site standards and specifications on all tasks pre work, execution, de-mob and improvement within allocated time frame and escalate any concerns that may arise in a timely manner
- Providing coaching and mentoring for area Contractor Crews and Operational teams, including ongoing training & development
- Participating in all section activities, shift handover communications, Safe production meetings and any other activities as required by the Specialist with a conscious effort in delivering communication with New Safe technique
- Liaising with all members of the Surface Operations Fixed Plant, Shutdown teams in order to gain agreement on priorities to enable completion of set tasks in a timely and safe manner
- Ability to adapt to a fast-changing workload and shut down scopes
The current roster for this role is 5/2.
Cadia Valley Operations (CVO) is located in central western New South Wales approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional town of Orange. Employee’s reside in the varied accommodation options in Orange and the surrounding areas and enjoy access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector, excellent educational facilities, shopping, transport and other services such as child care. Working at CVO offers a unique opportunity for employees and their families to enjoy a mining career while living in a large active, local community.
To succeed in this role, you will be safety focused, team oriented and enjoy continuous improvement and driving for results. You will also possess the following:
- A minimum of 5 years' post trade experience in Fixed Plant Maintenance
- Mechanical Trade Qualification, e.g. Fitter, Boilermaker
- Proficiency in SAP and Microsoft Office Programs
- Ability to be proactive and think quickly on your feet to support those around you
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™