Back to search results Apply now
Senior Underground Surveyor
Job no: 977971
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Telfer Operation - WA
We are seeking an experienced Senior Underground Surveyor to lead a team of 5 ensuring the delivery of mine surveying services to the Underground Operation at our Telfer site.
Reporting to the Superintendent – Mine Underground, your duties will include:
- Maintain and continually improve the existing underground surveying systems, processes and procedures;
- Provide all mine surveying services to the underground mining operations
- Prepare monthly reports to meet the required quality, content and timing;
- Monitor and manage all survey activities including task planning for the team;
- Develop, maintain and certify all mine plans in accordance with legislative requirements;
- Ensure personnel are adequately trained to safely complete work requirements;
- Train and mentor the current mine surveying team in underground surveying techniques;
- Manage survey related projects; and
- Demonstrate absolute commitment and leadership in providing a safe working environment.
This is a permanent position based at our Telfer site that will work on a FIFO (8/6) roster. Point of hire is Perth.
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in out fly out operation from Perth which recognises the importance of work-life balance. Our comfortable, well furnished rooms include Foxtel and DVD players, and our site offers quality food with healthy options, medical care, sporting and recreation activities. Families are welcomed several times a year to open days.
Our ideal candidate will have operated at a similar level previously and will have a strong background within underground hard rock operational environments, ideally with experience leading and developing a small team.
Other requirements include:
- Bachelor Degree in Surveying (or a Major in Surveying)
- Be an Authorised Grade 1 Mine Surveyor or possess the ability to obtain this qualification by fulfilling all applicable requirements of the W.A. Mines Safety and Inspection Regulations 1995
- Extensive underground mine surveying experience;
- Proven track record in establishing and maintaining underground surveying systems;
- Proficient in the use of Surpac, Vulcan and MS Office at a minimum, experience with DataMine would also be beneficial;
- Competent user of Leica Total Stations and Optec CMS;
- Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor and develop a team of professionals; and
- An impeccable and proactive approach to safety.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™