Back to search results Apply now
Senior Advisor - Environment
Job no: 978008
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Telfer Operation - WA
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Advisor to join our Environment team. Working at our Telfer Mine Site, you will provide advice and support with respect to all environmental, sustainability, technical and compliance matters.
With a passion for clear communication and building trusted relationships your responsibilities will include:
- Support the review, update and maintenance of environmental systems and procedures and overall compliance to the Environmental Standards and regulatory requirements across site;
- Development and maintenance of environmental risk registers, and coordination of external reporting requirements;
- Provide support for environmental approvals activities and managing licence amendments;
- Coordinate and manage activities undertaken by the environmental compliance team extending to employees and contractors;
- Provide timely communication, working closely with stakeholders to ensure alignment with the site team’s work program;
- Develop and support the team to continually improve the operational processes; and
- Demonstrate absolute commitment and leadership in providing a safe working environment.
This permanent full-time opportunity reports directly to the Superintendent – Environment & Closure. Point of hire is Perth and the current roster is 8 days / 6 off.
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in out fly out operation from Perth which recognises the importance of work-life balance. Our comfortable, well furnished rooms include Foxtel and DVD players, and our site offers quality food with healthy options, medical care, sporting and recreation activities. Families are welcomed several times a year to open days.
To succeed in this role, you will demonstrate technical and operational excellence in promoting and leading the implementation of Environmental Standards and Environmental Policy across a similar organisation.
Other requirements include:
- Tertiary qualifications in the field of Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or equivalent;
- Demonstrated experience in a similar senior site-based role;
- Understanding of the environmental and sustainability challenges facing the mining industry;
- Understanding of environmental licensing and legislative requirements; and
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with a collaborative team and build stakeholder relationships.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Canada and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™.
With world-class opportunities across many diverse locations, Newcrest offers the opportunity to apply your skills and expertise in the global mining community, and to gain broad experience on a variety of projects locally or across a range of geographies.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™