Back to search results Apply now
Mine Technician- Communication Systems
Job no: 978048(RPO)
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Cadia Valley Operations - Orange NSW
We are currently looking for a Mine Technician with demonstrated experience in Communication Systems to join our team at Cadia Valley Operations.
Reporting to the Coordinator – UG Mine Technology, accountabilities include ensuring assets and electrical installations are maintained to the relevant Australian standards.
Your responsibilities will also include but not limited to:
- Monitoring and improving both on-board and fixed infrastructure components and availability through effective servicing and execution of preventative maintenance tasks
- Providing support, system planning and troubleshooting for the mine site communication and technology infrastructure including wireless networks
- Assisting OEM personnel and system specialists with ongoing Project implementation and R&D activities.
- Performing project installation activities within your capabilities through co-ordination with the customer.
- Identifying and analysing causes of damage and/or malfunction of technology systems, both on-board and fixed infrastructure.
- Supervising of specialist contractors
This current roster for this role is 7 days, 7 off followed by 7 nights, 7 off.
Cadia Valley Operations (CVO) is located in central western New South Wales approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional town of Orange. Employee’s reside in the varied accommodation options in Orange and the surrounding areas and enjoy access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector, excellent educational facilities, shopping, transport and other services such as child care. Working at CVO offers a unique opportunity for employees and their families to enjoy a mining career while living in a large active, local community.
To succeed in this role, you will be a trade qualified electrician, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise in high pressure situations
You will also possess a strong background working with Technology systems data, hardware and fault-finding systems.
You will also have:
- Previous underground mining experience is desirable
- Experience of diagnostics on electrical, preventative maintenance on mobile fleet & technology infrastructure
- Experience with fleet management system and on-board hardware
- Experience in CAN bus machine systems and with wireless network design and installation is also highly desirable
- Experience working with WLAN & LAN infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting and repairing electronics systems (to component level)
- Demonstrated work experience in system configuration, commissioning, troubleshooting and repair
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™