Back to search results Apply now
Mining Engineer - Medium Term Planning
Job no: 978075(RPO)
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Cadia Valley Operations - NSW
We are currently seeking a Mining Engineer to join our Technical Planning team based at Cadia during an exciting period of expansion. Reporting to the Senior Mining Engineer, you will be accountable for planning, scheduling and reporting production progress on the site, providing quality assurance and coordination of site mining projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing balance between real time inputs and cascading of medium-term plans to produce a weekly tactical execution plan
- Engaging with various internal teams and departments including Geotechnical, Electrical, Operation and Technical Planning to deliver the optimized medium-term plans
- Process safety and mitigation of major hazards through mine design and sequencing
- Ensuring all schedules, updates and changes to schedules are communicated with all the relevant stakeholders
- Meeting key weekly and monthly deliverables including cave compliance reports
- Review planning/operation trends and develop improvement initiates for continuous improvement
This a permanent residential role based in Orange, NSW and the current roster for this role is 5/2.
Cadia Valley Operations (CVO) is located in central western New South Wales approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional town of Orange. Employee’s reside in the varied accommodation options in Orange and the surrounding areas and enjoy access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector, excellent educational facilities, shopping, transport and other services such as child care. Working at CVO offers a unique opportunity for employees and their families to enjoy a mining career while living in a large active, local community.
To succeed in this role, you will be safety focused, team oriented and enjoy continuous improvement and driving for results. You will ideally have previous experience in a similar role working for a large-scale organization in the mining sector.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following:
- Relevant Tertiary degree in Mining, Civil or Geotechnical Engineering
- Demonstrated experience/understanding of an underground or surface mining environment
- Previous experience with planning and scheduling is highly advantageous
- Exposure to mine design and scheduling software (Vulcan, Deswik, etc.) is highly advantageous
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to work flexibly to deadlines and drive quality outcomes
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™