Back to search results Apply now
Advisor - Occupational Hygiene
Job no: 978083(RPO)
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Telfer Operation - WA
We are currently seeking an experienced Advisor - Health and Hygiene to join our People and Safety team at Telfer Operations in Western Australia. Reporting to the Occupational Health and Hygiene Specialist, the role will be accountable for providing occupational health and safety advice to support and provide a safe and healthy work environment and minimising the risk of and injury to employees and equipment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Planning and assisting with occupational monitoring in accordance with the site Health and Hygiene Management plan
- Conducting routine inspections of workplaces and exposure controls such as ventilation systems
- Using direct reading instruments, sampling techniques and other methods to measure levels of chemical, physical and biological agents such as light, heat, noise and radiation
- Interpreting the results of exposure evaluations and determine risk to human health based on scientific research and recommend ways to control workplace hazards through the hierarchy of controls.
- Undertaking Investigations into monitoring results that exceed the OEL or Action Level.
- Supporting the preparation of communications to site regarding monitoring results
- Building and maintaining external networks – clients, regulatory bodies, technical experts and equipment providers
This is a FIFO role (Point of hire Perth) on a 8 Days/ 6 Off roster
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in out fly out operation from Perth which recognises the importance of work-life balance. Our comfortable, well furnished rooms include Foxtel and DVD players, and our site offers quality food with healthy options, medical care, sporting and recreation activities. Families are welcomed several times a year to open days.
To succeed in this role, you will be safety focused, team oriented and enjoy continuous improvement and driving for results. You would have also demonstrated experience in a similar role providing general administration support to a large team. You will also need to possess the following:
- Experience in occupational health hygiene monitoring programmes
- Surface ventilation officer ticket
- Good understanding of the Mines Safety and Inspection Regulation
- Manual Driver’s License
- Strong MS Office and computer skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- Can do attitude
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Newcrest is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from those who identify as being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™