Back to search results Apply now
Officer - Technology Infrastructure
Job no: 978090(RPO)
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Telfer Operation - WA
We are seeking a Technology Infrastructure Officer to join our Operational Technology team based at Telfer in Western Australia. You will ensure the safe, reliable and effective operation & maintenance of the underlying technology infrastructure utilised as a platform within the Operational Technology space.
Reporting directly to the Senior Engineer of Operational Technology your core purpose of this role is:
Effective operation & maintenance of the underlying technology
- Embedded Operating System management.
- Windows & Linux Server Administration
- Windows & Linux Desktop administration
- Backup, Antivirus and Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Firmware, configuration management and administration of a wide range of intelligent devices including telemetry, VoIP, CCTV & Digital Dashboards
- Maintenance of production data reporting to both Newcrest & external parties
- Conduct day to day maintenance, troubleshooting and continuous improvement of operational technology infrastructure.
- Facilitate addition, removal and changes to operational technology systems
- Maintain a close working relationship with Telfer’s IT technical teams.
- Provide technical guidance on the integration of new systems with existing site infrastructure.
- Identify & execute minor improvement projects
This is a permanent position that will work on a FIFO (8/6) roster. Point of Hire is Perth.
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in out fly out operation from Perth which recognises the importance of work-life balance. Our comfortable, well furnished rooms include Foxtel and DVD players, and our site offers quality food with healthy options, sporting and recreation activities. Families are welcomed several times a year to open days.
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience within a similar role in Mining or heavy industry.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™