Senior Mining Engineer
Job no: 978096
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Melbourne Head Office - VIC
We are seeking a Senior Mining Engineer to provide support to operating sites, studies and projects based in the Group Mining Team. Reporting into the Principal D&B Engineer, you will ensure that ore bodies are safely developed in a manner that optimises both value and risk in an integrated approach.
You will provide management and support for delivering improvement projects in drill and blast area across NML.
Your duties will also include:
- Project management and project support for improvement projects in both underground and surface operations
- Working with stakeholders to develop effective working relationships and execute practical pathways for Newcrest operations to continuously improve
- Providing support for technical development and innovation to solve mining challenges relating to drill and blast
- Providing support into mining process safety and sustainability, including risk management
- Regular / periodic travel to mine sites
This is a permanent position located at our corporate headquarters in Melbourne.
At Newcrest, you'll be part of a diverse team of business professionals committed to our people and the communities in which we operate. We value diversity of thought, style and working arrangements. Based on St Kilda Road, our Melbourne Head Office is easily accessible by public transport or car, with discounted parking available.
Our ideal candidate will be tertiary qualified in Mining Engineering or a related discipline with experience in development and management of improvement project execution in large scale mining operations.
Furthermore, as the ideal candidate you will also have:
- Proven track record of leading operational improvement of existing mining processes and assisting with the introduction of new technologies or systems of work
- Exposure to UG and surface D&B design and implementation
- Strong knowledge base of UG drilling operations
- Demonstrated experience in technical writing
- Advanced user of key D&B and mine planning software (preferably Maptek and Deswik)
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Canada. In every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™