Senior Underground Mining Engineer
Job no: 978097
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Melbourne Head Office - VIC
We are seeking a Senior Underground Mine Engineer to provide support to operating sites, studies and projects based in the underground mine support team.
Reporting into the Manager – Underground Mining Support, you will ensure that ore bodies are safely developed in a manner that optimises both value and risk in an integrated approach.
Responsible for providing support and assistance for all underground mine planning, your duties will also include:
- Project management and project support for improvement projects
- Mine planning support for underground operations and studies
- Supporting governance process for underground mining
- Providing support into underground mining material risk management
- Regular / periodic travel to mine sites
This is a permanent position located at our corporate headquarters in Melbourne.
At Newcrest, you'll be part of a diverse team of business professionals committed to our people and the communities in which we operate. We value diversity of thought, style and working arrangements. Based on St Kilda Road, our Melbourne Head Office is easily accessible by public transport or car, with discounted parking available.
Our ideal candidate will be tertiary qualified in Mining Engineering or a related discipline with experience in mine project execution and engineering roles in large scale underground mining operations.
Furthermore, you will also have:
- Experience in both caving and stopping mining methods
- Demonstrated mining project management capability
- Competent user of key mine planning software tasks (block model manipulation, UG optimisation, mine design and mine scheduling)
- A proven track record of improving existing mine planning processes, and introducing new technologies and / or systems of work
- Track record of developing mining professionals achieve their potential
- Proficiency technical study management
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™