Back to search results Apply now
Mechanical Engineer - Reliability
Job no: 978103(RPO)
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Cadia Valley Operations - Orange NSW
We are seeking a Mechanical Reliability Engineer for at Cadia Valley Operations mine site to provide reliability support and drive continuous improvement in Asset performance.
Accountabilities for the role include:
- Strong focus on safety, quality and operational business requirements
- Application of reliability principles to optimize the total maintenance cost over the asset lifecycle
- Identify equipment improvement opportunities and assist with engineering and technical support
- Inspection, collation, analysis and review of equipment performance
- Initiate, facilitate and lead failure investigations through a structured defect elimination process
- Prepare failure investigation and RCA reports
- Liaise with industry peers to achieve reliability best practice
This is a permanent residential position based at our Cadia Valley Operations mine in, New South Wales. The successful applicant will be required to relocate to the local area.
Cadia Valley Operations is located in Central West New South Wales, approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional town of Orange. Employees reside in the varied accommodation options in Orange and the surrounding areas and enjoy access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector, excellent educational facilities, shopping, transport and other services such as child care. Working at Cadia Valley Operations offers a unique opportunity for employees and their families to enjoy a mining career while living in a large active, local community.
A suitable candidate will need to meet the following criteria:
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years as a Mechanical engineer within the mining industry or heavy industry
- A strong commitment to safety
- Experience in defect elimination and failure analysis
- You will be well versed in MS Office suite and SAP(beneficial)
- C class manual drivers’ licence
You will also be well-versed in the intricacies of managing multiple stakeholders and have a demonstrated history of working within fast paced environments. The ability to problem solve and create innovative solutions will hold you in good stead, as will the ability to communicate clearly and drive outcomes. Experience in working on both surface and underground operations will be viewed favourably.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Canada. In every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™