Back to search results Apply now
Senior Engineer - Reliability
Job no: 978109
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Telfer Operation - WA
This role will suit an engineer with a passion for providing comprehensive reliability engineering support services including; reliability input into projects, technical support, history analysis, waste and chronic loss identification and elimination, root cause analysis, failure mode effect analysis and maintenance strategy development.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Undertaking and organising technical investigations, inspections, studies and surveys, and analysing historical data, to confirm process integrity and identify process risks and improvement opportunities
- Liaising with operational teams to provide technical support and solutions
- Monitoring and reporting on equipment and plant reliability and performance
- Developing and improving maintenance strategies and tactics using RCM methodologies, Data analysis and FMEA assessments.
- Conduct root cause analysis and investigations into failures
- Develop and implement improvements to plant and equipment
The current roster for this role 8 days on 6 days off.
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in out fly out operation from Perth which recognises the importance of work-life balance. Our comfortable, well furnished rooms include Foxtel and DVD players, and our site offers quality food with healthy options, medical care, sporting and recreation activities. Families are welcomed several times a year to open days.
You will be a team focused individual with well-developed communication and influencing skills, with the ability to champion change and instigate and manage improvement. Having at least 5 years of experience in an engineering environment, you will also have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a Reliability role in the Metalliferous mining industry. You will also have:
- Formal Reliability / Maintenance / Engineering qualifications
- Formal Training in RCM, FMEA, Strategy development, RCA
- Wide experience with root cause analysis techniques
- Strong analytical / Data management skills
- Demonstrated ability in optimising plant reliability
- SAP experience and advanced Microsoft Office experience
- Planning, organisational, scheduling and coordination skills
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™