Senior Engineer – Underground Mine Planning
Job no: 978120
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Perth - WA
We are seeking a Senior Mining Engineer to provide operational support at our Telfer site where you will be responsible for generating, optimising and communication medium and long term mine plans.
Reporting directly to the Manager – Planning and Environment your duties may include:
- Making sure mine design and tactical planning are aligned with the Business Plan;
- Contributing to Telfer underground scheduling;
- Ensuring compliance to plan and all relevant standards, procedures and statutory requirements;
- Assisting with the development of mining approaches to exploit the Telfer Mineral Resources within the strategy defined by the Long-Term Business Planning Process;
- Participate in site safety initiatives including active involvement in encouraging NewSafe behaviours;
- Striving for continuous improvement by identifying and implementing better ways to complete tasks; and
- Actively assisting with the development and mentoring of engineering staff.
This is a permanent position that will work on a Residential (5/2) roster based in our Perth Office. There will also be regular travel to our Telfer site required.
Our Perth office, where you will be based, is conveniently located in Subiaco with easy access to public transport, restaurants and coffee shops. We are a multi-skilled team of open pit and underground engineers, geotechnical, metallurgical and environmental specialists.
Our ideal candidate will be a tertiary qualified Mining Engineer with solid experience working in underground environments. Telfer UG has three different mining methods so exposure to a variety of mining methods will stand you in good stead.
Other requirements include:
- Expertise with medium/long-term planning;
- Experience preparing and presenting budgets, quarterly forecasts, and cost modelling;
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with a collaborative team and build stakeholder relationships; and
- Proficiency with Deswik planning software will complete the package.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™