Back to search results Apply now
Job no: 978144
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Telfer Operation - WA
We are currently seeking a Projects Engineer/ Senior Projects Engineer to provide Civil & Structural engineering expertise to a portfolio of high value projects at our Telfer site in Western Australia.
In this capacity you will ensure that Projects are planned and delivered to business expectations to achieve shared goals across Technical, Operational, and Commercial terms, in order to deliver the best value for our Telfer Operation.
Reporting to the Superintendent - Projects, your responsibilities will include:
- Proactively manage all assigned project works, including contractors, to ensure projects under your control are delivered safe, on time, under budget, compliant with Telfer Safety requirements, and to agreed project KPI’s and stakeholder expectations;
- Delivers effective, ongoing, site-based stakeholder engagement, clarifies and refines project objectives and ensure stakeholders are actively engaged in the project journey and duration;
- Collaborate effectively with other Projects Engineers/Senior Projects Engineers and provide technical support, guidance and mentoring to Telfer site personnel and Project Coordinators to ensure projects are kept on track;
- Provide Safety leadership to projects, with a strong focus on Process Safety and culture;
- Ensure all projects have up to date monthly capital forecasting, and optimise costs through company programs with a commercially focussed owner's mind-set;
This is an exciting career opportunity on a FIFO (8 days on / 6 days off) roster from Perth. Depending on your experience this role will be either a Projects Engineer or Senior Projects Engineer position.
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in out fly out operation from Perth which recognises the importance of work-life balance. Our comfortable, well furnished rooms include Foxtel and DVD players, and our site offers quality food with healthy options, medical care, sporting and recreation activities. Families are welcomed several times a year to open days.
Our ideal applicant will be a tertiary qualified Civil or Structural Engineer with deep knowledge of mine site roads & culverts, concrete foundations, retaining walls and structural steel works. In addition, you will ideally have previous project management experience within the Resources and/or Heavy Industry environment. With an impeccable approach to Safety, you will have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate both at a technical and business level, you will be able to influence and engage others to deliver on projects to a high level, on time and ensuring safety. Formal qualifications/certification in Project Management or working towards obtaining, are not essential but would be highly regarded. Candidates with a strong track record of successfully delivering site based Sustaining Capital Projects and a breadth of experience in full lifecycle project development including, Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning would be considered for a Senior position.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™