Back to search results Apply now
Senior Plant Metallurgist
Job no: 978167
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Lihir Operations - Lihir Island - PNG
Senior Plant Metallurgist
We are seeking an experienced Senior Plant Metallurgist to identify, develop and implement projects to increase the safety, throughput, and gold recovery performance of the processing plant.
You will be responsible for providing operational guidance and technical support to the Operations team to implement improvement initiatives.
Reporting directly to the Chief Metallurgist, your responsibilities will include:
- Implementation of Process Control and Automation improvement projects
- Implementation of process recovery projects and maintain process operation strategy systems
- Implement process safety systems in line with increased automation projects
- Development of National Plant Metallurgists for succession planning purposes
- Monitor and adjust plant operational parameters to maximise production
- Providing mentoring, coaching and training for plant metallurgists
This is a permanent position that will work a FIFO (15 days /13 off) roster based in Lihir, PNG.
At Newcrest, you'll be part of a diverse team of business professionals committed to our people and the communities in which we operate. We value diversity of thought, style and working arrangements.
Our ideal candidates will have relevant gold plant experience and technical expertise, with the ability to lead a project and drive change.
Other requirements include:
- Tertiary qualifications as Metallurgist/Mineral Processing Engineer
- Leadership experience with mentoring teams
- Ability to apply sound metallurgical / engineering concepts in design work
- An understanding of mining and mineral processing will be highly regarded
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, and Indonesia and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: West Pacific Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™