Project Manager - Mining Processing Plant
Job no: 978180
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Perth - WA
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager whose first project would be to lead the Greenfields project of Newcrest’s Bulk Sulphide Concentration Leach facility based at our Telfer Operations in Western Australia. In this role you will guide the project, managing various stakeholders and teams of consultants and contractors, from the detailed design, engineering, procurement and construction phases through to commissioning.
Reporting directly to the Superintendent of Sustaining Capital Projects, your responsibilities will include:
- Guide cross-functional, cross-organisational and contractor teams successfully through the project detailed design, execution & commissioning phases and handover the project to the Telfer operations;
- Deliver each project phase on time, within budget, and as per technical specification and present & report as required to the project Steering committee;
- Provide safety leadership to the project with a strong focus on process safety and culture;
- Deliver effective, ongoing, site-based stakeholder engagement, to facilitate cooperation and alignment through strong relationship management between Telfer Operations personnel, Project Delivery, Technology, and Technical Services; and
- Challenge assumptions and foster innovative thinking, to deliver the best outcomes for Newcrest.
The role will initially be based in Perth and will move to a FIFO roster at our Telfer operations in the Pilbara Region of Western Australia during the construction phase of the project.
At Newcrest, you'll be part of a diverse team of business professionals committed to our people and the communities in which we operate. We value diversity of thought, style, and working arrangements. Based on Subiaco, our Perth Office is easily accessible by public transport or car.
Our ideal applicant will be a tertiary qualified engineer with a track record of success in delivering major project developments within hard rock mining or alternatively process plants within other heavy industries. You will also have a breadth of experience across engineering, construction and commissioning phases in both greenfield and brownfield projects, including engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning with a strong commercial mindset. Finally, an exceptional people focused leader, with strong stakeholder management within complex organizations, and excellent communication skills to manage relationships between all project aligned staff including contractors will complete the package.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™