Specialist - Geotechnical Engineering
Job no: 978183
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Cadia Valley Operations - Orange NSW
The role will require you to provide support and services to underground development & technical teams at Cadia.
Reporting to the Geotechnical Superintendent, you will be responsible for:
- Producing and updating the geotechnical designs and sequence of the PC2-3 mass excavations and cave establishment
- Producing high-level plans to monitor and maintain critical infrastructure and help with their refinement and execution where required
- Review and calibrate parameters associated with geotechnical designs
- Maintain all cave sequence documentation ensuring they are employed and adhered to during cave initiation and propagation.
- Mentor and train engineers direct reporting to you as well as other engineers within the department
You will be accountable for the successful implementation and review of strategic geotechnical functions including the critical review of the characterisation and interpretation of geotechnical inputs, commissioning and updating numerical modelling with the intent of forecasting geotechnical major hazards and developing major hazard management strategies and projects to mitigate their consequences and improve our geotechnical understanding.
Cadia Valley Operations (CVO) is located in central western New South Wales approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional town of Orange. Employee’s reside in the varied accommodation options in Orange and the surrounding areas and enjoy access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector, excellent educational facilities, shopping, transport and other services such as child care. Working at CVO offers a unique opportunity for employees and their families to enjoy a mining career while living in a large active, local community.
To be considered for this position you will possess the relevant tertiary qualifications in geotechnical, mining, civil engineering or geology disciplines.
You will also have the following:
- Significant previous experience in mining in within multiple underground hard rock environments;
- Experience in identification and assessment of major hazards, risk mitigation and ground monitoring techniques;
- Minimum 10 years' experience;
- Experience in underground Block or Sub Level Caving is essential; and
- You will have a proactive approach to your work with demonstrated experience in solving mining and geotechnical issues.
At Newcrest you'll be a part of a team that is dedicated to the exploration, mining and production of gold. We are committed to our people, communities in which we operate and value diversity of thought, style and working arrangements. Visit Newcrest.com.au/careers for more information and grow your career with us today.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™