Superintendent - Electrical & Instrumentation
Job no: 978202
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Lihir Operations - Lihir Island - PNG
We are seeking an experienced E&I specialist to oversee cost control, time control, quality control, purchasing, contract administration and general site administration for functions involved with the maintenance of Electrical & Instrument assets within the Ore Treatment Plant.
Reporting directly to the Manager Asset Management, you will be responsible for:
- Fostering a culture of continuous improvement within the Fixed Plant Electrical and Instrumentation Teams for maintenance activities by encouraging and providing input on processes to subordinates;
- Defining and designing medium to long-term project work;
- Demonstrating Safety leadership;
- Actively participating in all departmental activities, Budgeting meetings, Ore Treatment Leadership Meetings, toolbox meetings and any other activities as required by the Asset Manager;
- Liaising with other cross functional departments in order to gain agreement on priorities to enable completion of set tasks in a timely and safe manner.
This is a permanent position based on Lihir Island in Papua New Guinea working a 15/13 FIFO roster.
Located on Niolam Island in the New Ireland Province of Papua New Guinea, Lihir offers both residential and fly in fly out opportunities (role dependent). Our site offers a range of facilities including a medical clinic, the international primary school for residential families and the Lihir Sports and Social Club with its varied sporting activities and popular bar and bistro.
Our ideal candidate will be a proven leader and have the ability to hit the ground running. You will have a can-do attitude with a demonstrated history of getting the best out of your team. To be successful in this role at least 10 years post-trade experience in an industrial mineral processing or petrochemical would be highly regarded.
Other requirements include:
- High Voltage Switching Operator competency including Isolation and Access experience.
- Understanding of the relevant regulatory frameworks including the PNG Mining Act and Regulation, and AS/NZS 3000 Wiring Rules.
- CMMS/EAM expertise
- MS Office proficiency
- Professional communication skills
- Whilst not essential, experience within PNG or other developing countries will be highly regarded.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Applications close on Wednesday 31st July 2019. Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Applications close: West Pacific Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™