Senior Mining Engineer
Job no: 978217
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Telfer Operation - WA
Reporting directly to the Manager Open Pit Mining, you will be responsible for:
- Fostering a culture of continuous improvement within the Open Pit and Telfer operational teams by encouraging and providing input on processes to subordinates;
- OHS&E function with emphasis on safe open pit production.
- Technical input toward achieving the yearly open pit operating budget physicals, costs and capital.
- Report and checking data for contract KPI’s, mining operational compliance, survey compliance and claims.
- Production Project scheduling and implementation to support safe, cost effective open pit production.
- Supporting the Mining Operations with the ‘Mine Operating System’ principles.
- Consistently comply with Telfer safety managements systems, environmental requirements, internal team safety requirements and other relevant targets.
- Ensure change management, risk assessments and approvals are completed before schedule requirements.
- Engage stakeholders to ensure that conflicting objectives are resolved as quickly as possible.
The current roster for this permanent full time role is 8/6 FIFO from Perth.
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in out fly out operation from Perth which recognises the importance of work-life balance. Our comfortable, well furnished rooms include Foxtel, and our site offers quality food with healthy options, medical care, sporting and recreation activities. Families are welcomed several times a year to open days.
To succeed in this role, you will have demonstrated experience in Mining Engineering, ideally at a Senior level within the hard rock mining industry. You will have the following:
- Strong understanding of Open Pit operations, mine planning, scheduling, design and project management;
- Having a WA Unrestricted Certificate of Competency would be viewed favourably;
- Having a strong safety focus you will actively engage with all Newcrest safety systems and behaviours;
- Well-developed influencing and communication skills; and
Ability to work in a large team environment to ensure your success in this role.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Canada and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Applications close on Wednesday 11th August 2019. Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™