Back to search results Apply now
Project Control Scheduler
Job no: 978225(RPO)
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Cadia Valley Operations - NSW
We are currently looking for an engaged and experienced Project Control Scheduler to join our Technical Planning team based at Cadia Valley Operations in Orange, NSW during an exciting period of expansion. Reporting to the Senior Scheduling Engineer, you will be accountable for planning, scheduling and reporting progress on the delivery of our neww development project at Australia’s largest underground gold mine.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Producing regular updates and reporting on the project progress
- Working closely with the Senior Scheduling Engineer to produce detailed schedules
- Developing schedule risk mitigation strategies
- Identifying, reporting and making recommendations on Critical paths, bottlenecks and key milestones
- Troubleshooting and monitoring scheduling problems and undertaking necessary corrections
This a permanent, residential role based in Orange, NSW and the current roster for this role is 5/2.
Cadia Valley Operations (CVO) is located in central western New South Wales approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional town of Orange. Employee’s reside in the varied accommodation options in Orange and the surrounding areas and enjoy access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector, excellent educational facilities, shopping, transport and other services such as child care. Working at CVO offers a unique opportunity for employees and their families to enjoy a mining career while living in a large active, local community.
To succeed in this role, you will be safety focused, team oriented and enjoy continuous improvement and driving for results. You will have previous experience in a similar role working for a large-scale organization along with the following:
- Relevant qualification in Project Coordination/Project management
- Extensive experience in project management or scheduling for large scale complex engineering projects including Critical Path Method
- Ability to work autonomously and think on your feet
- Ability to think strategically and effectively collaborate with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexibly to deadlines and drive quality outcomes
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™