Back to search results Apply now
Senior Mining Engineer
Job no: 978236
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Cadia Valley Operations - NSW
We are seeking a Senior Mining Engineer to develop and deploy Long/Medium Term plans for our Cadia Valley Operation underground mining and surface operations teams. Utilising an integrated planning process, you will identify and evaluate key strategic projects to optimise mine to mill plans.
Reporting to the Superintendent – Mining Engineering, responsibilities of this role will also include:
- Develop and deploy Life of Province Plan and Medium-term plan;
- Consult and advise key stakeholders for the Cadia operation to ensure alignment to long- and short-term plans;
- Utilise sound technical and operational factors for an optimal mine to mill plan;
- Provide assistance to Corporate, Technical Planning and Operational teams;
- Create an environment for open and collaborative work practices ensuring effective knowledge and idea sharing;
- Evaluate alternative projects and sequences that contribute to best long-term value, utilising a ‘Hill of Value’ approach to model optimum scenarios. and
- Provide technical coaching and mentoring to broader team members.
Cadia Valley Operations (CVO) is located in central western New South Wales approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional town of Orange. Employee’s reside in the varied accommodation options in Orange and the surrounding areas and enjoy access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector, excellent educational facilities, shopping, transport and other services such as child care. Working at CVO offers a unique opportunity for employees and their families to enjoy a mining career while living in a large active, local community.
To be successful in this role, you will have demonstrated experience in Mining Engineering across a range of underground and surface mining methods, especially in Planning. You will also have the following:
- Qualified Mining Engineer with extensive relative experience in designing and scheduling operations;
- Experience in mine planning, studies and business improvement initiatives;
- Advanced mine planning and analysis capabilities;
- Competent using mining software packages; and
- Ability to communicate effectively, think strategically and collaborate effectively.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Canada and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™