Back to search results Apply now
Process Control Engineer
Job no: 978237(RPO)
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Cadia Valley Operations - NSW
We are currently seeking an intuitive and qualified Process Control Engineer to join our established and high-performing Process Control team based at Cadia Valley. This role will be reporting to the Technology Supervisor and tasked with the management and support of all Operation Technology, Process Control and monitoring systems installed at our Cadia mine site.
Developing the next generation of caving with a world first approach and with a pipeline of great projects, Cadia Mine is going through an exciting phase of transformation. We invite you to become part of this, apply now as an opportunity like this does not come up often!
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- All ongoing support of all Operation Technology systems including Process Control and monitoring systems at Cadia mine site
- Contribute to the delivery of site-based projects within budget
- Control and design of Control System engineering standards for Cadia Valley Operations
- Ensure continuous improvement of equipment and systems
Expand your career and live locally in this residential drive in, drive out role with the advantage of being able to be home every night. The roster will be 5 days on, 2 days off (9-hour shifts) and has an on-call component which currently is 1 week in every 3 to 4 weeks.
Cadia Valley Operations (CVO) is located in central western New South Wales approximately 25kms outside the vibrant regional town of Orange. Employee’s reside in the varied accommodation options in Orange and the surrounding areas and enjoy access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector, excellent educational facilities, shopping, transport and other services such as child care. Working at CVO offers a unique opportunity for employees and their families to enjoy a mining career while living in a large active, local community.
To succeed in this role, you will be safety focused, team oriented and enjoy continuous improvement. You will have experience in Control and Monitoring Systems as utilised in the Mining and Processing Industry along with:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or similar with proven experience as Process Control Engineer/Electrical/Computer Engineer/Specialist
- Proficiency in creating, implementing and have a high degree of fault-finding ability in Rockwell PLC and Yokogawa DCS systems. Yokogawa Stardom PLC experience as well as Citect SCADA knowledge & skills is also highly desirable
- Demonstrated commercial acumen with capacity to understand the wider implications of actions to the business
- Highly developed problem solving and analytical skills
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™