Senior Project Engineer - Cadia Valley
Job no: 978239
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Cadia Valley Operations - NSW
You will have a leading role in ensuring that Projects are planned and delivered to business expectations to achieve shared goals across Technical, Operational, and Commercial terms, in order to deliver the best value for our Cadia Valley Operations (Cadia).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide Project Engineering services to key business priority-driven projects within the Projects Pipeline across a number of our Site Operational areas;
- Contribute to functional area excellence for our EIC Project Engineering team, providing Leadership, Coaching and Technical Support for the delivery of assigned project works, including contracting partner interfaces/management, delivering Safe-Quality outcomes to stakeholder expectations;
- Working closely with the Functional Lead (Senior EIC Projects Engineer) to ensure Project Engineering and Management Governance for assigned EIC Projects in the Portfolio;
- Demonstrating a commercially focused, owner's mind-set in your own work, and encouraging it in the wider team;
- Ensuring early and continued engagement of key Site functional stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of the Project (Operational, Maintenance, Support Services) and ultimately ownership of the asset (s);
- Participate in key Project Assurance reviews (e.g. Design Reviews, Hazard Studies, Risk Assessments), ensuring Safety-in-Design principals are applied and integrated, including upholding disciplined Change Management throughout
- Reviewing, tracking and reporting on timely Project performance to ensure each Project realised business value as intended (per business case)
Cadia Valley Operations (Cadia) is located in central western New South Wales approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional town of Orange. Employees and contracting partners reside in the varied accommodation options in Orange and the surrounding areas and enjoy access to the area's wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector, excellent educational facilities, shopping, transport and other services such as child care. Working at Cadia offers a unique opportunity for employees and their families to enjoy a mining career while living in a large active, local community.
Our ideal applicant will be a tertiary qualified Electrical Engineer with at least 10 years’ experience in one or more of the disciplines of Power Distribution Systems (HV & LV), Instrumentation & Control. You will have a track record of success in delivering Sustaining and/or Major Capital Projects within the Resources and/or Heavy Industry environment, with demonstrated roles in a Senior Project Engineering capacity. The successful applicant will have a breadth of experience in full lifecycle Project development including, Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning along with a strong Commercial mindset.
With your impeccable approach to Safety, you will have the ability to demonstrate and inspire teams in a challenging and changing environment, along with the ability to manage assigned Projects within the Portfolio, as well as providing disciplined support to the EIC Project Engineers and Supervisors. Formal qualifications/certification in Project Management or working towards obtaining, will be highly regarded and will ensure your success in this exciting role.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world's largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d'Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We're committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you're looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
Applications close on Wednesday 31st August 2019. Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™