Back to search results Apply now
Improvement Engineer – Cadia Panel Cave Development
Job no: 978298(RPO PC23)
Work type: Fixed Term, Permanent - Full Time
Location: Cadia Valley Operations - NSW
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest’s journey to building Australia’s largest and most technically advanced block cave.
We’re building our mining development expertise for our panel caving expansion works for phase three to extend our vision of a 50-year mine life for Cadia.
We’re turning tough deposits into tier one assets with our extensive experience in block caving, using selective processing skills to push boundaries and discover new growth opportunities.
Cadia is leading the world in developing the next generation of block caving - undercutless caving.
Operations near and far
With residential DIDO and selected FIFO opportunities available at our operations which are located just outside of Orange, NSW. We offer a unique opportunity for employees and their families to enjoy a mining career all whilst living in a major regional center only three hours away from Sydney, NSW.
Who we’re looking for
Reporting to the Senior Engineer (Development Improvement), an exciting opportunity has arisen for an Improvement Engineer to join the Underground Development Team at Newcrest's Cadia Valley Operation in Orange, NSW and support the operational aspects of the development projects across the site. The current roster for this role will be 8 days on, 6 days off (7am – 7pm) and be residentially based. This is a three years fixed term position.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support completing the development works of the panel cave within time frames and budget
- Identifying, evaluating and addressing risks impacting on the project
- Using best practice methodology defining necessary capital proposals
- Developing and delivering an annual business plan that supports the diverse portfolio of tasks
- Establishing a business improvement culture with a key focus on metrics and cost efficiencies
We are looking for a qualified and team-oriented individual who has:
- A degree in Engineering (Mining/Civil) or equivalent study
- Experience in the mining environment, with exposure to underground operations is desirable
- Ability to develop rapport and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficiency in MS Project/ MS Excel and ability to navigate engineering/design systems
Our commitment to you
Keeping our people safe and healthy is our most important asset. Our commitment to safety, health and wellbeing is supported by systems and standards that embed our safety culture.
Newcrest is committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on gender diversity and diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes.
For more information on one or more of the above opportunities, please apply here today. Please note that successful applicants will be required to undertake probity checks.
Cadia Valley Operations is committed to a smoke free work environment by 1 January 2020.
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™