Back to search results Apply now
Electrical Infrastructure Engineer – Cadia Panel Cave Development
Job no: 978299(RPO PC23)
Work type: Fixed Term, Permanent - Full Time
Location: Cadia Valley Operations - NSW
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest’s journey to building Australia’s largest and most technically advanced block cave.
We’re building our mining development expertise for our panel caving expansion works for phase three to extend our vision of a 50-year mine life for Cadia.
We’re turning tough deposits into tier one assets with our extensive experience in block caving, using selective processing skills to push boundaries and discover new growth opportunities.
Cadia is leading the world in developing the next generation of block caving - undercutless caving.
Operations near and far
With residential DIDO and selected FIFO opportunities available at our operations which are located just outside of Orange, NSW. We offer a unique opportunity for employees and their families to enjoy a mining career all whilst living in a major regional center only three hours away from Sydney, NSW.
Who we’re looking for
As an Electrical Engineer, you will be accountable for providing ongoing technical support to Cadia East underground development electrical assets. The current roster for this role will be Monday to Friday and be residentially based. This is a three years fixed term position.
Key responsibilities include:
- Actively support safety improvement initiatives and demonstrate safety leadership through field interactions, safety inspections and audits
- Ensuring the underground electrical reticulation system is engineered and planned to maintain supply to the dynamic development work areas
- Performing load flow analysis and calculation of protection settings to ensure electrical infrastructure is operating within design and regulatory limits
- Provision of technical input into the design, supply, installation and commissioning of electrical infrastructure to support the project development work areas
- Risk identification & mitigation for electrical assets and providing technical input to major maintenance works and breakdowns
- Initiate and project manage minor capital projects
We are looking for qualified and self-driven individuals who have:
- An electrical engineering degree and extensive experience working in an underground mining operation
- Exposure and knowledge of the NSW WHS(M&PS) Legislation and Australian Standards
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively within a high-pressure environment
- A strong work ethic and focus on teamwork and achieving results along with commitment to workplace health and safety
- A flexible approach with the ability to accept change, develop new skills and competencies
Our commitment to you
Keeping our people safe and healthy is our most important asset. Our commitment to safety, health and wellbeing is supported by systems and standards that embed our safety culture.
Newcrest is committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on gender diversity and diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes.
Cadia Valley Operations is committed to a smoke free work environment by 1 January 2020.
For more information on one or more of the above opportunities, please apply here today.
Please note that successful applicants will be required to undertake probity checks.
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™