Back to search results Apply now
Development Improvement Specialist - Cadia Panel Cave Development
Job no: 978327 (RPO PC23)
Work type: Fixed Term, Permanent - Full Time
Location: Cadia Valley Operations - NSW
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest’s journey to building Australia’s largest and most technically advanced block cave.
We’re building our mining development expertise for our panel caving expansion works for phase three to extend our vision of a 50-year mine life for Cadia.
We’re turning tough deposits into tier one assets with our extensive experience in block caving, using selective processing skills to push boundaries and discover new growth opportunities.
Cadia is leading the world in developing the next generation of block caving - undercutless caving.
Operations near and far
With residential and selected DIDO and FIFO opportunities available at our operations which are located just outside of Orange, NSW. We offer a unique opportunity for employees and their families to enjoy a mining career all whilst living in a major regional center only three hours away from Sydney, NSW.
Who we’re looking for
As a Development Specialist - Improvement, you will be accountable for playing a key part in executing improvements in the operations space and managing compliance structures associated with the operation of the development mine and structures, including drilling, charge/blast and load/haul areas.
Key responsibilities include:
- Liaise and collaborate with cross-functional teams in order to ensure safety and performance are managed effectively
- Development improvement project tasks related to the development operations to support efficiencies and planning
- SME recommendations and collaboration with other mining operational areas
- Liaising with the Development Specialist (Foreman) to support execution on the ground
We are looking for qualified, safety and team-oriented individuals who have:
- Proven and extensive experience in a similar role within an underground hard rock mining environment with specific expertise in drilling, charge & blast or load & haul
- A wealth of expertise working across various operations and development projects and establishing key development improvements
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and stakeholder management skills, in order to drive key outcomes and project deliverables
- Ability to work within a collaborative environment to encourage a high-performance culture and output
- A flexible and consultative approach to driving improvements
Our commitment to you
Keeping our people safe and healthy is our most important asset. Our commitment to safety, health and well-being is supported by systems and standards that embed our safety culture.
Newcrest is committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on gender diversity and diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes.
For more information on one or more of the above opportunities, please apply here today. All shortlisted candidates will be subject to applicable medical assessments and police clearance checks.
Cadia Valley Operations is committed to a smoke free work environment by 1 January 2020.
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™