Back to search results Apply now
Ground Control Technicians – Cadia Panel Cave Development
Job no: 978366(RPO PC23)
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Cadia Valley Operations - NSW
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest’s journey to building Australia’s largest and most technically advanced block cave.
We’re building our mining development expertise for our panel caving expansion works for phase three to extend our vision of a 50-year mine life for Cadia.
We’re turning tough deposits into tier one assets with our extensive experience in block caving, using selective processing skills to push boundaries and discover new growth opportunities.
Cadia is leading the world in developing the next generation of block caving - undercutless caving.
Operations near and far
With residential DIDO and selected FIFO opportunities available at our operations which are located just outside of Orange, NSW. We offer a unique opportunity for employees and their families to enjoy a mining career all whilst living in a major regional center only three hours away from Sydney, NSW.
Who we’re looking for
Reporting to the Senior Geotechnical Engineer, you will be accountable for quality assurance and quality control of ground support and reinforcement at our Cadia operation.
This is a permanent residential role in Orange, NSW on a 7 days on / 7 off / 7 nights on / 7 off.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Quality assurance of; injected resin, fibrecrete supply, spraying fibrecrete, mesh and straps, jumbo bolting and cable bolting
- Assist engineers with ground control damage and deformation inspections
- Geological mapping of new development
- Mapping corrosion of ground support and reinforcement
- Attaining and reviewing quality control certificates from suppliers or external contractors
- Complete a wide range of routine ground support and reinforcement testing, including; pull testing, beam end testing and grout testing
- Communicate results to geotechnical engineers and operations management
- Maintaining the cleanliness of equipment and work area
- Complying with all safety and environmental systems and standards
We are looking for self-starter and we will provide the necessary training to do this role. As a minimum you possess the following skills:
- Strong communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to adapt to many environments and interact with a diverse group of individuals
- High ethical standards
- Passion for improvement
Our commitment to you
Keeping our people safe and healthy is our most important asset. Our commitment to safety, health and wellbeing is supported by systems and standards that embed our safety culture.
Newcrest is committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on gender diversity and diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes.
For more information on one or more of the above opportunities, please apply here today.
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.
Please note that successful applicants will be required to undertake probity checks.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™